Thursday, March 22, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance Experience~! Part 1



16 April 2007 - This is definitely the first time iI ever join an audition or a competition. Took leave from work for this. Nervous but excited . Got up early in the morning, got my stuff ready hit the road with Tek Yan (thank you so much for joining me in this journey). Got There at Panggung DBKL a around 8.40am. Audition starts at 9. But, like usual, we waited in line outside the hot sun for like 1 hour plus just to get ourself in and register. "10030" that's my number... it's around 11.30am, Got in the hall of panggung DBKL and did some stretching and waiting and waiting and waiting and Waiting..... fewwwwww.. 12 plus, then they started line us up n group of 10 to go in. I was like really nervous and keep on drinking water cause really fell thirsty. So, just started praying a short prayer and declaring that God will put me thru. I just end my prayer with Thank you God for putting me thru the audition. Just knowing that i will made it.
The time has come, our group walk in. Waiting at the backstage for the cameras to roll. But there is a twist..... They are not going to play our song that we brought for the audition but playing their own song. ok ok.... Nervous nervous.. So, we line up on stage and they played PUMP IT by Black Eyed Peas. so One by one came out doing their thing until the judges say next. So we change. Tek Yan was before me. We did his thing but his shoe came off.. Crap~! lost his momentum in his dance. He really did what he can. Then I heard the judges say next. Spotlight shining at me. the moment has come. Came out did a front hand spring. Did my dance. thought it went well but a bit crazy... Don't know when to stop until the Judge say next. FEwwww.... the adrenaline was there.. Really when well i think...
We're done. Walk to backstage and waited. A few minutes later, they call us out again for a short talk. They ask our name , where we live, age etc etc. then they start to ask us question. most of us have different question ah. but most of them kena question like what other style of dancing can you do? or how long have u been dancing? or are you a trained dance? Well..i didn't kena all that dancing question. mine, i think is the most basic question among all.. The last question i got was "If you got the change to be a professional dancer will you take it? I just answer..If you guys give me a opportunity to, i will love to do so. They ask " So whats plan B for you?". I say start a clothing line. And they say it was a good answer. So I'm done with my Q&A session..
Went back again to the backstage and waited for another group to finish... Sitting there just waiting for the result. Getting really anxious... what will it be.. Then, came the Crew. They started calling out number and my number was one of them. was like darn....Am i out already??
Okay.....the number that i have just called are coming back for the "Call Back". Ahhhhhhh~!!!! I'm still in it.... really sadly Tek Yan did not make it. Darn,... now my journey goes without a him. Sorry~!
"10030" is going on. So will post about my "Call Back".... in Part 2.

No comments: